Custom Tallit Banner

Custom Tallit Banner

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Print Lettering

Until now, I have only done hand embroidery in Hebrew script letters, because their rounded shapes fit my overlapping forward stitches better. Every once in a while I am asked for print letters, and in those cases I have sent the work out to a machine embroiderer. That was not a perfect choice for me, though, because then I didn't feel that the tallit was all "mine".

I have now found a font whose simple and rounded shapes I can stitch, with one caveat: The print lettering is available only on a light background. I draw the script letters freehand and can use a light marker on a dark fabric. The print letters, however, need to be more uniform, and I have to trace them on a light box. That only works with light-colored fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment