Custom Tallit Banner

Custom Tallit Banner

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Horses!

The Bat Mitzvah is really into horses, and the mother requests a tallit with horses on it. What to do?

I suggested that they look online for a fabric that has the style and color of horses she likes, because I couldn't possibly guess. I was right -- I couldn't have guessed this. Once the fabric arrived, I saw immediately that I needed to make a very wide hem with the print fabric, because the horse heads needed to fit in in a way that wouldn't make them look cramped. Among my own fabrics, I found a royal blue dupioni silk to connect the print with the white background, and I also used it as the center section of the atarah. This tallit with its riotous colors is highly unusual and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment